An expectant woman may experience a heartburn condition throughout the first trimester of pregnancy. This condition may become more frustrating as the second and third trimester comes closer and various reasons can be considered as factors for the existence of this condition. If you are not knowledgeable about this condition, then you need to make sure that you understand more about the reasons, signs andthat you may opt for.
* One primary factor is the changes in the levels of hormone in a woman’s body while pregnant. The levels of hormones improves, consequently softening the ligaments that handle the proper purpose of the LES or the lower esophageal sphincter. These ligaments are responsible for maintaining the LES closed and since the ligaments are weakened, the LES might not close in time and this can cause the acid from the foods and the stomach to go back to the esophagus and into the throat.
* Furthermore, a woman’s stomach can encounter pressure mainly because of the development of the baby. This can then push the acid from the foods as well as the stomach in to the LES, the esophagus then the throat, therefore bringing on heartburn.
* Particular foods and drinks can also result in the LES to relax which could result in a heartburn problem. This is why it is necessary for pregnant women to keep a healthy diet plan to avoid heartburn.
Heartburn disorders during pregnancy could exhibit several signs. Probably the most common signs of this condition include the following:
* Vomiting and nausea
* Burning sensation on the chest or moderate to intense pain in the chest
* Sour or bitter taste in the mouth
* Lack of appetite
As the final stage of pregnancy comes closer, pregnant women may go through signs of heartburn again. The reason is the baby within the womb has already grown larger and this could put more pressure into the stomach. Obviously, as this problem is uncomfortable, it is very important to get the correct remedy for it. However, pregnant women cannot resort to any kind of medications since this may cause complications to the unborn child in her womb. This is why it is very important to find the ideal. Natural cures are free from any side effects and are safe for pregnant women.
The very first thing an expectant woman must do is to seek advice from a health care provider for the proper treatment of the problem. Different natural cures are available for heartburn disorders during pregnancy and there is absolutely nothing to bother about as these treatment options do not come with any kind of side effects. Cold milk and yogurt are the most recommended reliefs for heartburn disorders. In addition to that, fresh fruits and vegetables must be added in the diet as well. Another natural remedy is coconut water. Whenever you can, pregnant women need to avoid the consumption of acidic foods or foods which contain large quantities of oil or fat.
Keep in mind that heartburn problems are not exclusive for pregnant women, since this can be experienced by anyone. Then again, understanding the signs and the appropriate treatment method can already help the person manage the situation.